Placement Activities & Training Programs @ SDGI
The Corporate Resource Center (CRC) at SDGI plays a crucial role in locating job opportunities for Diploma, Under Graduates and Post Graduates passing out from the colleges of SDGI by keeping in touch with reputed firms and industrial establishments. The CRC operates round the year to facilitate contacts between companies and Students. The number of students placed through the campus interviews is continuously rising. The Corporate Resource Centre (CRC) plays an imperative role in shaping up the career of students from orientation, internships, projects, summer training to their final placements.
Placement Activities & Training plays a major role in shaping up the career goals of students. It is the dream of every student to get placed in a top organization visiting their campus for recruitment. Keeping this key aspect into consideration, it is realized that training is important for students to enhance their employability skills and achieve good placement in various Industries.
We follow the below placement process for smooth running of placement drives and the post selection steps of offer acceptance, pre-joining formalities and the candidate joining process:
- We get the job requirements, position description, eligibility criteria, salary details and the company introduction note that we can share with students.
- We publish the company details and their requirements to all students through a college internal portal.
- Eligible and interested students apply for jobs by registering themselves on the portal.
- We send eligible and interested students list to the company with all the student data like degree/department, date of birth, prior education marks, current CGPA, backlogs, etc.
- Companies will review the students, shortlist if required and send the final list of students prior to the placement drive date.
- Visiting companies will start with pre-placement talk on drive date and directly interact with the eligible students. During these sessions, they will provide overviews of the job profiles, job descriptions, compensation, company’s expectations and other specific requirements. Students will clarify any questions they have with company delegates.
- Companies typically conduct Written Tests, Group Discussions/Case Studies and Personal Interviews as part of the placement process.
- Most companies announce the selected students by end of day on the drive date. Further to this, Company’s HR team confirms selected students list by a mail.
- As a post selection process, Companies send formal offer letters to the individual students with a copy to placement department.
- We connect to students and follow through the acceptance process and any other post offer activities like document submissions, briefing sessions, trainings, internships, etc.
- We are connected to students and the companies till all the students completes post offer formalities and joins the organization.
The following activities to ensure effective placement process:
Placement Activities & Training Programs:
Campus Placement/ Job Fairs:
The potential employers are shortlisted on the basis of students discipline, their interests and market research. They are contacted and invited to the campus in accordance with our accepted policy and priorities. It fulfils dual purposes, one for students securing their future career and industry securing the best fresh talent available in the region. SDGI provide 100% Placement Assistance through individual Career Counseling, Group Discussion, & Career Guidance to decide their short-term and long-term goals. Arranging on & off Campus Placement, Job Fairs and Virtual placement drives.
Summer Internships/ Industrial Training for the Students
Training is the integral part of the study to acknowledge the students for real world problems. Students are placed in various industries for 6 to 8 weeks, under the supervision and guidance of an industry professional. The faculty carries out monitoring and evaluation regularly.
Career Services Department or the Domain Department organizes expert lecture series in coordination with student organizations for enhancing current industry knowledge. Such lectures also help in familiarizing the students and the faculty with the industry practices and their correlation with the textbook material.
Industrial Visit – Study Tour
Industry visits of the students are organized to the relevant industries in various locations. It serves the objective of exposure to large-scale practical applications of theoretical aspects.
Students prepare the projects reflecting the needs and problems of the industry. The faculty interacts on a regular basis with industry personnel for successful implementation of such projects.
Career Orientation Program
Various other programmes to orient students about industry expectations are organized. Additional seminars/ workshops/Trainings are undertaken by the students in each semester to improve learning in the areas like Mock Interviews, Literature Survey, Personality Development, Group Discussion and Presentation Skills. Moreover, opportunities of Technologies for communication skills enhancement are provided.
Soft Skill Trainings are arranged to enhance the cluster of personality traits, social graces, communication, language, interpersonal skills, etc. that characterize relationships with other people.
Value Added Trainings/ Workshops:
Value Added Trainings/ Workshops, related to special software for enhancing technical skills of the students is arranged.
Aptitude Training for enhancing the aptitude (numerical, verbal, reasoning, analytical skills) of the students is arranged in the 3rd year of the course. Since this is considered as the initial level of screening in any placement process, special care is taken for the aptitude training.
Campus to Industry Connect Program:
A dedicated training through expert lectures from industry senior officials is arranged for developing team skills, leadership qualities, managerial skills and organizational behavior, for the final year students.
CRC guides the students about various Higher Studies exams for getting admission to higher educational institutions. These exams are like: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), GRE/TOFEL.NET/ SET / TET/ CET, GPAT, CAT, GMAT, etc..
Career Guidance Program for Govt./Public Sector Exams:
CRC organizes Training/ Workshops/ Counseling Sessions for Govt./Public Sector Exams for students who are interested to join Government PSU’s / Sectors like Institute of Banking Personnel Selection IBPS, All defense establishments Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force & All Para Military Forces, Job Openings in PSU’s like: BHEL/GAIL/SAIL/ISRO/NALCO/DRDO Etc.