The influence of human personality upon the functional efficiency of an organization and its personnel has been widely recognized. The personality can also be modified to a certain extent. Accordingly, recent years have seen a variety of efforts by professionals in various fields to design courses that will help to develop certain positive trends in personality. The objective of such courses is to remove or screen out those barriers or obstructions that stand in the way of the expression of individual personality, through a process of training.
1. The present module on personality development is specifically design to cater to the demands of training courses organized for SDGI Students in order to improve their behavior & later functional efficiency. The module covers 9 areas. It was validated in two stages, and contains the distilled wisdom of this consultative process. When effectively operationalised, the module should ensure that participants are given adequate opportunity to gain skills that will help to improve their individual efficiency.
2. This project was undertaken by the CRC of SDGI , Ghaziabad at the behest of the Department of Personnel and Training.
Ghaziabad, India Sanjay Kumar
Dec 16th, 2011 ( Chief Instructor PDP & Trg)
Package of Personality Development
Let’s build a better human being in coming five years from SDGI
- To promote quality training that positively impacts all those involved in group by providing service & support.
- The program intends to address need of the hour & nurture modern youth in ethical manner,
- Contributing in SDGI by building a benevolent institute
- To bring about personality development with regard to the different behavioral dimensions that has far reaching significance for the participants.
- To train the students in soft skill and develop their personalities in order to empower them and raise their awareness. Get better insights into ones responsibilities in personal life to build better human being.
- The rationale behind this training module is the recognition of the multifaceted influence of the personality of the students upon institutional effectiveness.
The participants will consist of SDGI students in the category of Expertise, Understood and Awareness level.
- Group Discussion /J-A-M Sessions
- Management Games
- Case Studies, Role Plays, Mock Session
- Usage of Audio-Visual Aids
- Tours/ Outdoor activities
Duration : 40 hours
Instruction to Trainers
In this section, trainers are to be provided with theoretical knowledge with regard to nature, types/ levels and outcomes of various modules conducted time to time in various dept’s .
Evaluation and Valediction:
Time Schedule (1 hour)
- This session should be devoted to prepare an Action Plan and Evaluation.
- It is expected to incorporate all possible ideas and suggestions that have evolved
during the course of training.
- An evaluation feedback regarding the merits and demerits of the module will
Introduction to Leadership, Leadership Power,
Leadership Styles, Leadership in administration.
Introduction to Interpersonal Relations, Analysis
Relations of different ego states, Analysis of Transactions, Analysis of Strokes, Analysis of Life position
Introduction to Communication, Flow of
Communication, Listening, Barriers of
Communication, How to overcome barriers
Introduction to Stress, Causes of Stress, Impact
Management Stress, Managing Stress
Group Dynamics &Team Building
Group Dynamics Importance of groups in organization, and Team Interactions in group,Group Building Decision Taking, Team Building, Interaction with the Team, How to build a good team?
Introduction to Conflict, Causes of Conflict,
Management Managing Conflict
Introduction to Performance Appraisal, Appraisal Vertical Appraisal, Horizontal Appraisal, 360º Performance Appraisal, Methods of improving Techniques of Performance Appraisal
Time as a Resource, Identify Important Time Management Wasters, Individual Time
Management Styles, Techniques
for better Time Management.
Introduction to Motivation, Relevance and
types of Motivation, Motivating the subordinates,
Analysis of Motivation
Nowadays, there is a growing competition in every area of life. Hence, in a way to survive among this heavy competition an important criterion should be a unique personality. It is through this personality, that the candidates will be able to influence others. The success of an individual is very much dependent on the relative personality that the person has.
There is a growing awareness among the all the individuals with regard to the importance of the personality development. As a part of this initiative, the number of personality development programs has also risen. The individuals whether in case of the educational institutions or even the offices catering to different work areas have also understood the need and the meaning of this program and started participating in it. The personality development programs may provide in specialized training in areas where in the individuals needs to improve. This may also help the individuals to gain confidence, improve on the communication skills and behavior also.
Practical based training becomes so effective in Team Building Approach. Hence it is provided by the this group time to time.